However, there is one Yankee player I will root for with gusto the remainder of this season: Aaron Guiel.
Guiel deserves to play for a winner. To play on a team where he'll rack up RBIs and runs scored because everybody surrounding him is a future hall of famer.
I wish Aaron nothing but the best in his new opportunity with the Yanks.
Today was Guiel's third game with the pinstripes and through the first seven innings he went 2 for 2, with a walk and a home run.
Than, according to Yahoo! the following happened:
- A. Rodriguez singled to left
- M. Thornton relieved J. Contreras
- J. Posada singled to left, A. Rodriguez to second
- B. Williams walked, A. Rodriguez to third, J. Posada to second
- A. Phillips hit for A. Guiel
- B. McCarthy relieved M. Thornton
- A. Phillips struck out swinging
What the hell!
A man is killing the ball and comes up with the bases loaded. He's playing in a stadium built for left-handed hitters, and you pull him for some dude hitting 250/277/405?
Joe Torre is an idiot. That righty/lefty match up he put so much effort into creating evaporated as soon as the White Sox made a pitching change.
Aaron Guiel earned the chance to drive in some runs in that at bat.
Man... why am I writing about the Yankees?