Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tony Gonzalez Traded

This makes me sad.

It makes me sad because Gonzalez will still be a productive player in the NFL and is a known quantity compared to a draft pick.

It makes me more sad because he's the last guy left who I really connect to as a fan of the Chiefs. Matt Cassel and Dwayne Bowe may be Montana and Rice for the next five years, but Tony, Trent and Priest were the guys I spent most of my time rooting for over the last ten years.

It has been hard to follow the Chiefs since Vermeil left, and I suppose a complete shake-up is called for, but it will be hard to let this one go. I will be a fan of the Atlana Falcons this year. Until they play the Chiefs.

As Seinfeld said, in the end, we just root for laundry.
clipped from www.kansascity.com

Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez has never won a playoff game, and he has made his wishes clear that he wanted to play for a team that could contend for a championship.

Gonzalez got what he wanted on Thursday as the Chiefs worked out a deal with the Falcons. But general manager Scott Pioli said the Chiefs weren’t shopping their 10-time Pro Bowler.

No comments:

Post a Comment