Tuesday, February 26, 2013

All in for 2013 - The Undefeated Spring Edition

The headline on this post will likely be false by the time five o'clock rolls around tomorrow, but it's been fun to see the Royals put some runs on the board early this Spring. 

 

Billy Butler was the run-producer today, and the Royals finally started a pitcher who should see regular action in the regular season. 

 

I'm heading to Spring Training this weekend to take in a game with my dad. I'm looking forward to soaking up some Arizona sun and trying to find a good hat to wear this year while I root on the team. 

 

The Royals have won the Cactus league three times since moving to Surprise, AZ in 2003. That first winning season in '03 was followed by an improbable 9-0 start to the regular season, which gave them enough juice to finish over .500 for the first time since XX.

 

Winning in 2006 lead to a 62-100 regular season. Winning in 2011 led to a 71-91 regular season.

 

So, yeah, that doesn't matter much. No matter to me. Eric Hosmer is hitting triples and Billy Butler is going yard. I'm still all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment